ISSN : 2288-1484(Online)
DOI : http://dx.doi.org/10.12812/ksms.2022.24.1.039
“Perspective Taking Enhances Safety” : The Effect of Authentic Leadership on Safety Behavior
“조망 수용 능력이 안전을 높인다.” : 진정성 리더십이 안전 행동에 미치는 영향
1. 서 론
2. 이론적 배경
2.1 진정성 리더십과 직무 스트레스, 그리고 안전 행동에 대한 이론적 배경 고찰
2.1.1 진정성 리더십과 안전 행동 사이를 매개 하는 직무 스트레스
2.1.2 진정성 리더십과 직무 스트레스 사이를 조절하는 조망 수용
2.2 연구 가설 설정
가설Ⅰ. 진정성 리더십은 직무 스트레스를 매개로 안전 행동 수준을 낮출 것이다.
가설 Ⅱ. 부하 직원들의 조망 수용 (능력)은 진정성 리더십과 직무 스트레스 사이의 관계를 양(+)의 방향으로 조절할 것이다. 즉, 조망 수용 능력은 진정성 리더십이 직무 스트레스를 낮추는 효과를 증폭시킬 것이다.
3. 연구 방법
3.1 연구 대상 및 조사 방법
3.2 자료 분석 방법
3.2.1 측정 도구
4. 조사 결과의 분석
4.1 주요 변인들의 평균, 표준편차 및 변인들 간의 상관관계
4.2 가설 검증
4.2.1 측정 모형 검증
4.2.2 구조 모형 검증
188.8.131.52 매개 모형의 검증
184.108.40.206 매개 모형의 간접 효과 유의성 분석
220.127.116.11 조망 수용의 조절 효과 분석
5. 결론 및 논의
-  F. Bird(1974), Management guide to loss control.Atlanta, GA: Institute Press.
-  M. J. Burke, S. A. Sarpy, P. E. Tesluk, K. Smith-Crowe(2002), “General safety performance: A test of a grounded theoretical model.” Personnel Psychology, 55(2):429-457.
-  M. S. Christian, J. C. Bradley, J. C. Wallace, M. J. Burke(2009), “Workplace safety: A meta-analysis of the roles of person and situation factors.” Journal of Applied Psychology, 94(5):1103-1127.
-  M. A. Griffin, A. Neal(2000), “Perceptions of safety at work: A framework for linking safety climate to safety performance, knowledge, and motivation.” Journal of Occupational Health Psychology, 5(3):347-358.
-  S. Sonnentag, M. Frese(2003), “Stress in organizations.” In W. C. Borman, D. R. Ilgen & R. J. Klimoski (Eds.), Comprehensive handbook of psychology (vol. 12, pp. 453-491). Industrial and Organizational Psychology, Wiley, New York, NY.
-  A. B. Bakker, E. Demerouti(2007), “The job demands –resources model: State of the art.” Journal of Managerial Psychology, 22:309–328.
-  E. Demerouti, A. B. Bakker, F. Nachreiner, W. B. Schaufeli(2001), “The job demands–resources model of burnout.” Journal of Applied Psychology, 86:499–512.
-  K. B. Lowe, K. G. Kroeck, N. Sivasubramaniam(1996), “Effectiveness correlates of transformational and transactional leadership: A meta-analytic review of the MLQ literature.” The Leadership Quarterly, 7(3):385-425.
-  B. G. King, T. Felin, D. A. Whetten(2010), “Perspective—Finding the organization in organizational theory: A meta-theory of the organization as a social actor.” Organization Science, 21(1):290-305.
-  E. H. Schein(2004), Organizational culture and leadership (3rd ed). San Francisco: JosseyBass.
-  F. Kiwanuka, R. C. Nanyonga, N. Sak‐Dankosky, P. A. Muwanguzi, T. Kvist(2021), “Nursing leadership styles and their impact on intensive care unit quality measures: An integrative review.” Journal of Nursing Management, 29(2):133-142.
-  T. Dvir, D. Eden, B. J. Avolio, B. Shamir,(2002), “Impact of transformational leadership on follower development and performance: A field experiment.” Academy of Management Journal, 45(4):735-744.
-  B. J. Avolio, W. Gardner(2005), “Authentic leadership development: Getting to the root of positive forms of leadership.” Leadership Quarterly, 16:315-338.
-  G. C. Banks, K. D. McCauley, W. L. Gardner, C. E. Guler(2016), “A meta-analytic review of authentic and transformational leadership: A test for redundancy.” The Leadership Quarterly, 27(4): 634-652.
-  H. Leroy, F. Anseel, W. L. Gardner, L. Sels(2015), “Authentic leadership, authentic followership, basic need satisfaction, and work role performance: A cross-level study.” Journal of Management, 41(6):1677-1697.
-  H. Leroy, M. E. Palanski, T. Simons(2012), “Authentic leadership and behavioral integrity as drivers of follower commitment and performance.” Journal of Business Ethics, 107:255-264.
-  J. Lyubovnikova, A. Legood, N. Turner, A. Mamakouka(2017), “How authentic leadership influences team performance: The mediating role of team reflexivity.” Journal of business Ethics, 141(1):59-70.
-  A. Rego, F. Sousa, S. Marques, M. P. Cunha(2012), “Authentic leadership promoting employees’ psychological capital and creativity.” Journal of Business Research, 65:429-437.
-  A. Rego, D. R. Junior, M. P. Cunha(2015), “Authentic leaders promoting store performance: The mediating roles of virtuousness and potency.” Journal of Business Ethics, 128:617-634.
-  W. L. Gardner, C. C. Cogliser, K. M. Davis, M. P. Dickens(2011), “Authentic leadership: A review of the literature and research agenda.” Leadership Quarterly, 22:1120-1145.
-  S. Gilboa, A. Shirom, Y. Fried, C. Cooper(2008), “A meta‐analysis of work demand stressors and job performance: Examining main and moderating effects.” Personnel Psychology, 61(2):227-271.
-  J. M. Sampson, S. DeArmond, P. Y. Chen(2014), “Role of safety stressors and social support on safety performance.” Safety Science, 64:137-145.
-  J. C. Wallace, B. D. Edwards, T. Arnold, M. L. Frazier, D. M. Finch(2009), “Work stressors, role-based performance, and the moderating influence of organizational support.” Journal of Applied Psychology, 94(1):254-262.
-  B. D. Steffy, J. W. Jones, L. R. Murphy, L. Kunz(1986), “A demonstration of the impact of stress abatement programs on reducing employees’ accidents and their costs.” American Journal of Health Promotion, 1(2):25-32.
-  D. W. Go, S. Y. Jung, B. J. Kim(2016), ““Trust makes safety”: The effect of workload on safety behavior.” Journal of Korea Safety Management Science, 18(1):131-140.
-  S. Y. Jung, B. J. Kim, D. W. Go (2016), “A effect of physical environment on safety behavior: Mediation of job stress, and moderation of safety climate.” Journal of Korea Safety Management Science, 18(1):89-97.
-  C. D. Wickens, S. E. Gordon, Y. Liu, J. Lee(2004), An introduction to human factors engineering (Vol.2). Upper Saddle River, NJ: Pearson Prentice Hall.
-  A. J. Maule, G. R. J. Hockey(1993), “State, stress, and time pressure.” In Time pressure and stress in human judgment and decision making (pp.83-101). Springer, Boston, MA.
-  A. Wrzesniewski, J. E. Dutton, G. Debebe(2003), “Interpersonal sensemaking and the meaning of work.” Research in Organizational Behavior, 25:93-135.
-  S. K. Parker, C. M. Axtell(2001), “Seeing another viewpoint: Antecedents and outcomes of employee perspective taking.” Academy of Management Journal, 44(6):1085-1100.
-  R. E. Kelley, (1988), In praise of followers (pp.142-148). Harvard Business Review Case Services.
-  M. Uhl-Bien, R. E. Riggio, K. B. Lowe, M. K. Carsten(2014), “Followership theory: A review and research agenda.” The Leadership Quarterly, 25(1):83-104.
-  M. H. Davis, L. Conklin, A. Smith, C. Luce(1996), “Effect of perspective taking on the cognitive representation of persons: A merging of self and other.” Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 70(4):713-726.
-  Shrout, P. E., & Bolger, N. (2002), “Mediation in experimental and nonexperimental studies: new procedures and recommendations.” Psychological methods, 7(4):422-445.
-  L. T. Hu, P. M. Bentler(1999), “Cutoff criteria for fit indexes in covariance structure analysis: Conventional criteria versus new alternatives.” Structural Equation Modeling: A Multidisciplinary Journal, 6(1):1-55.
-  L. L. Neider, C. A. Schriesheim(2011), “The authentic leadership inventory(ALI): Development and empirical tests.” The Leadership Quarterly, 22(6):1146-1164.
-  S. J. Motowidlo, J. S. Packard, M. R. Manning(1986), “Occupational stress: Its causes and consequences for job performance.” Journal of Applied Psychology, 71(4):618-629.
-  A. Neal, M. A. Griffin(2006), “A study of the lagged relationships among safety climate, safety motivation, safety behavior, and accidents at the individual and group levels.” Journal of Applied Psychology, 91(4):946-953.
-  J. Anderson, D. Gerbing(1988), “Structural equation modeling in practice: A review and recommended two-step approach.” Psychological Bulletin, 103(3):411-423.
-  A. F. Hayes, K. J. Preacher(2013), “Conditional process modeling: Using structural equation modeling to examine contingent causal processes.” In G. R. Hancock & R. O. Mueller (Eds.), Structural equation modeling: A second course (pp. 219–266). IAP Information Age Publishing.
The Korean Society of Safety ManagementWaste Society
- Tel: +82.31.336.2844
- Fax: +82.31.336.2845
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org